Map to the pub

Pub History

Originally built in 1858 as a house for Charlotte Bowes-Lyon (Lady Glamis), records would indicate that it became a pub in 1882 a year after her death. For many years (and World Wars) The Strathmore slaked the thirsts of the many farm workers who worked the local farms. The advent of the motor car brought more people to the area and very soon, the Strathmore Arms was gaining itself a reputation as a fine rural public house.

The pub in its time has been leased by Bennetts brewery of Dunstable and Watneys, but for over 50 years has been a traditional free house.

Danny Blackwell took over the running of the pub in October 2002 and has built a reputation for sourcing some of the more obscure beers available in the country.

Beers

  • Side Pocket
  • Red Top
  • MK Ultra
  • Guardian of the Forest
  • Extra Special Beerblefish
  • American Pale
  • view full list
  • RSS Feed

News

  • Strathmore Arms Beer Fest 22nd-25th June 2017
  • 6 COURSE TASTING MENU
  • Wild Food Night
  • Twitter
  • Pasta and Pizza Nights
  • Facebook
  • Sunday BBQ
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot
  • more details
  • RSS Feed